Kickoff Year Plans - Apply Singapore PR Citizenship

Kickoff the Year with New Plans – Apply for Singapore PR / Citizenship

Most of us have made a few goals for the new year. Are you one of those people who is still debating what to do regarding your residency in Singapore?

Is your Singapore PR Application approved and now you are planning to apply for Singapore citizenship? Do you want to bring your family here after your successful Singapore PR application? Or perhaps you have other plans?

Here is how your PR Application Agency can help you:

Becoming a Permanent Resident

Are you an employee or a businessman searching to know more about becoming a PR?

If you are a worker, you must first have a valid work pass, at least an S Pass in order to kick start to the process to apply to become a Permanent Resident (PR).

If you are a business expert, you can easily establish and run enterprises in Singapore, thanks to the Global Investor Programme (GIP). We help by easing a number of immigration procedures for their entry and stay.

Becoming a Singapore Citizen

Looking forward to becoming a citizen of Singapore?

A Singapore PR over the age of 21 who has lived here for at least two years may want to apply for Singapore citizenship. We can help you submit your citizenship application for review. The merits of each application are taken into account in accordance with the current policies. Every application must be accompanied by an ICA appointment.

Renewing the Re-Entry Permit

Are you a permanent resident who travels outside Singapore frequently?

Every time a Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) leaves Singapore, a valid Re-Entry Permit (REP) is required. The Permanent Resident will be authorized to travel outside of Singapore with this permit, maintaining his or her SPR status.

An SPR will lose its status as a permanent resident of Singapore if they are found outside of Singapore without a valid REP.

If your current REP is still valid, you must submit your renewal application to ICA online through the Electronic Re-Entry Permit System (e-REP) no later than three (3) months before your current REP expires.

If your REP has run out, you must schedule an appointment with ICA online and submit your application in person.

Applying for Student Option

The school system in Singapore is one of the best in the world, and graduating from one of their educational institutions might put you ahead of the competition.

As long as they are enrolled in school in the country at the time of application, students who have a Student Pass are eligible to apply for permanent residency.

The Immigration and Checkpoints Authority accepts applications for permanent residency from international students.

The following minimum requirements must be met:

  • Possess a minimum two-year residence in Singapore at the time of application
  • Have completed an integrated program or have at least one national test (GCE ‘N’/’O’/’A’ levels or PSLE) under their belt (IP).

Male applicants who are given permanent residency status or who had their parents support their application for permanent residency must register for the National Service when they are 16 and a half years old and must enlist by the time they are 18 years old.

Applying for Foreign Spouses and Unmarried Children

Singapore makes it simple for applicants for PR and citizenship to bring their relatives to the nation. The Sponsored Scheme, as it is known, makes this feasible.

The sponsor must be a Singapore PR or Singapore Citizen in both situations (dependents in Singapore and not in Singapore).

A family member (children and spouses) with Dependant Passes of the Work pass holder including Employment Pass (EP), Entre Pass, S Pass and Personalized Employment Pass Holders are also eligible to apply for permanent residency. If the main work pass holder is applying for permanent residency, he/she can apply for the permanent residency of his / her dependents as well.

The spouses and kids of Singapore citizens or permanent residents are the target audience for the Sponsored Scheme.

The sponsor must be a Singapore PR or Singapore Citizen in both situations (dependents in Singapore and not in Singapore).

The following are the eligibility requirements:

  • Permanent resident of Singapore or Spouse of a Singaporean national
  • Unmarried children under the age of 21 who were born in a legally recognized marriage or who were officially adopted by a Singaporean or SPR.

Sponsors who are male PRs or citizens are exempt from the National Service Liability. However, their offspring are not. Their male children must complete National Service if they are in good physical and mental condition.


If you want to take a big leap in your journey towards becoming a permanent resident or citizen in Lion City, don’t hesitate to contact us. We can help you fulfil your Singaporean dreams.

Check Your PR Eligibility